Wednesday, August 25, 2010

to blog or not

I am glad that i have some of the memories here. Life seems to be going by at a quickening pace. I just spent time looking back at the old posts and so grateful to have done them because I forgot. I haven't even taken pictures of my kids first day of school. So it looks like tomorrow I will have to fix that. The blog drove many of the pictures that were taken because they tell a story or capture that fleeting moment. If anything I need to have somewhere the photos go that isn't just the external harddrive or a dvd to be forgotten. Even if it means nothing to anyone else just me.

4 comments:

M. Gallagher said...

You need to keep blogging! Then get it printed out each year in to a book. I blog mainly for that very reason. Plus, it keeps my family posted on a fairly routine basis of what we're up to.
Miss you! - M

The Shields Fam said...

I totally agree with you. First began blogging for extended family and far-away friends, now I do it for me!

Sarah said...

I hear you.
I haven't been blogging all summer. And there are gonna be huge gaps (in a book if I ever get my blog printed) if I don't keep at it.
We should keep at it at least every once in a while.
Eventually it's get read and appreciated.

Marci said...

I think I am in the same boat. I really enjoy reading back, and I know I will be sad some day if I stop, but it's just so hard to find the time. I hope you keep blogging. Although, I should call you so we can catch up since we are both slacking in the blogging area.