Thursday, February 17, 2011

Puerto Rico Day 1

Okay I have put off posting about my trip long enough. I fell in love with Puerto Rico. It was very easy actually, when trading 5 degree windy weather with 80 degree sunshine and 80 degree water, can you blame me? I didn't want to come back. I can't tell if that is a good thing to do to break up the winter or if it has put me in depression at the thought of the months left of winter.
so I will start with day 1: we flew into San Juan and visited Old San Juan. Wikipedia's explanation, "The city is characterized by its narrow, blue cobblestone streets and flat-roofed brick and stone buildings dating back to the 16th and 17th century when Puerto Rico was a Spanish possession. Near Fort San Felipe del Morro is the Casa Blanca, a palace on land which belonged to the family of Ponce de Leon."








1 comment:

Traci said...

love the photos! looks like it was a fun trip! i would love the warm weather and water!!!1