Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy 4th Birthday!




I am glad to not be where I was 4 years ago. It is amazing how much M has grown. I find myself staring at her all the time. We had a wonderful day. I hardly took any pictures but another day. I did get some of M blowing out her candles and the cake of course. M was quite the social butterfly on the phone today. She was more the willing to talk to everyone. I was amazed. She also read 2 books to Gma Jodi. M received Brown Bear, Brown Bear and Polar Bear, Polar Bear and The very hungry caterpillar. They were reading them at school and she was reciting them from memory last week. I realized that I didn't even have copies of them... GASP! She is so proud of herself and will grab any listening ear to sit down with her and listen to her read. We have it on video too. If you don't know what a Water Buffalope is or a Whipping Cream (Whooping Crane), just come to our house and M can explain it all.
M has been telling everyone today, "my parents are the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny isn't real it is just a costume and my mom and dad have one." (I don't know where she came up with that except for her older brother.) A was I guess acting in the typical almost 7 phase. "I didn't get anything I wanted." I hope the attitude adjustment comes quickly. It sure makes me not want to do anything nice for him.

1 comment:

Lanna said...

Has it really been four years? Happy birthday, M!
As for A's antics, yeah, Porter does it, too, but the Easter Bunny must have done something right, because Porter didn't complain this time.