Friday, April 27, 2007

Special friends


Okay it is an obsession of M's, she has to rescue the worms when it rains. This morning on our way to the car she was picking up all the worms that were in the parking lot and putting them in the grass. She requested that I be very careful and I not step on them or drive over them. (A few weeks ago she was very distraught when we pulled in and there was a worm that was run-over; she mourned the loss of her special friend for 30 minutes, big huge crocodile tears.) Today I picked her up from school and her teacher tells me about the events of the day. At Visual Spatial (Art) today the teachers brought in their lizard, they were explaining what it ate; crickets and worms. M gasped "not my special friends!" Mrs. C explained that was part of his diet and it was okay, "but not my friends!" M finally backed down and said that she thought it would be okay if he ate a few of them. Mrs. G said she was going to remember that forever. M rescued another "special friend" when we got home and was sad about all the other worms that died. What a big heart!

1 comment:

Lanna said...

That is too, too funny.