Sunday, December 28, 2008

December recap

There is so much I haven't blogged it is really daunting. So I just unloaded my memory cards.....oh and guess what I got for Christmas??? A 1TB external harddrive for all my backup pleasure! Wahoo!!! I will have to report on the rest later.


Dec. 3- M had a Grandpa date. She was quite nervous and wanted someone else to go with her. So she brought her doll with a new dress that I sewed for her to match M's dress. It took a little convincing and a slight bit of bribery, hence the red gloves and purse... but I knew that once she had left she would have a wonderful time. They went to the Mall and wandered, looking at things and then going to Build-A-Bear. She picked out a blue sparkly bear and a ice skating outfit for it. Then it was off to dinner at her choice of restaurant...she wanted Spaghetti. Olive Garden was close by so they went to dinner there. M reported that they had princess spaghetti just for her and a yummy Strawberry drink. She also said to Grandpa, "I was worried this wasn't going to be fun but I am having a great time." She couldn't stop talking about it to everyone and telling what a fun time she had. Thanks for making her fell so special Papa. When is the next date?



Dec. 4 Dr. Gull made a guest appearance in A's class to teach them about the ear. And teaching them to not use q-tips and wear ear plugs.



Dec. 6 Church Christmas party. The kids did a really cute nativity and I was convinced to do a duet. I am grateful there is only a picture to mark the event.
















Dec.10-14 Jemima and her Mum came for a visit.












Dec. 23- And lots and lots and lots of snow. Did I mention that it has snowed a ton. The novelty of shoveling our driveway wore off quickly as I was spending many hours a day trying to clear it...why they didn't even consider a heated driveway when it is north facing is beyond me. So we purhcased a snowblower. It makes life so much easier. Eventually when the cement needs to be replaced...heated drive way is the only thing I will consider. Here is a picture that I took with a big snow storm heading our way. I grabbed the camera and ran up to our balcony. Dark low clouds with lots of snow, if you didn't know what you were looking at it would probably look like the sun setting on mountains.












Here is a picture taken off the balcony during the fall...just the valley no mountains.




Christmas Eve and Christmas recap will have to wait for tomorrow.

No comments: