Sunday, May 17, 2009

eventful week

Well this week flew by and I can see why. So many things happened this week.....
Monday: Carpet installed, I don't think I have ever experienced new carpet. I LOVE IT!














Tuesday: my sister had her twins!!!!





















Wednesday: Started construction on the fireplace off the kitchen and












had some dear friends that I met in CT over for lunch. (Thanks for being understanding of all the construction going on around us.)



and spent the night in the hospital with my sister and her new twins. I have a new appreciation for what she will be going through but man they are too cute and I got to snuggle both of them for long periods of time and sneak in some interupted sleep.

Thursday: I think we had just about every type of contractor over here trying to get their work done. I had to leave for a pta convention in Provo, luckily Justin was able to come home. I haven't seen that many trucks in front of my house before but it feels good to see some progress. Crash on the couch at 7pm nothing could stop me.

Friday: waited and waited for contractors to show up finally they start trickling in, in the afternoon. Granite and sink installed, then others show up but it is Friday afternoon and no one wants to be here so they all left without being very productive.

Saturday: wake up early to go on a 6.2 mile run, not even a block into it and my hip started burning and didn't stop, was able to push through a little over 3 miles and then it was over and I had to walk the rest of the way. (Wondering if I did some serious damage, it still hurts) Crash on the couch for a midday nap. Yard work and moving stuff around, chucking boxes that we have accummulated. Our friend Marc stopped by and we had a great visit and ate Molcasalsa (yummy mexican food).BBQ at our friend's house and an unintented dip in the pool for me. Someone pushes M in and it was where she couldn't touch. She knows how to swim but she panicked and so naturally in goes mom fully dressed to her rescue.

Sunday: the babies came home yesterday so it was photoshoot time. Was really hard and had limited amount of time. I can see why someone would need several assistants. I couldn't pose, pacify, change and snap pictures fast enough. Church, could hardly keep my eyes open, luckily they needed help in the nursery so that kept me awake. Then crash in my bed for a nap...ahhh. Justin made a yummy dinner and his parents joined us. Now I have my little one saying "please hold you mama, rock-a-rock." so I am off to get him taken care of.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Phew!
I'm exhausted after just reading about your week. Yeah, I just might need a nap now.
Wow, so many exciting things happening all at once!
Your basement is looking gorgeous.
And you're getting a fireplace in your kitchen?!? Awesome.
I loved seeing all those familiar, former Connectican faces.
And your little twin neices are beautiful.
Oh, and you are a very brave and self-sacrificing mom to jump in after M.
Great job!
Now go take another nap.

Marci said...

How is your hip? Have you ran the race yet? I need to call you! Your pictures are beautiful and I love the basement.

Traci said...

what a fun eventful week- bet it feels good!
congrats to your sis on the twins too!
your house is looking great!
fun to see pix of all you ct-ers!!
take care!

Unknown said...

Eventful week, that's an understatement!

Your basement looks AWESOME!

Miss you guys!

Love
Rachael