Monday, May 11, 2009

painted

Yep we finished up this morning at 2:30am. It was hard work but I love the result. I don't think I want to paint an entire basement again but I haven't completely sworn off painting.

so here is a portion of the theatre room, we are still waiting for the wall sconces that are on order and the rope lighting above the crown molding has not been installed yet and the rubber molding for the curved wall. I could seriously lick the walls, the paint color is bitter chocolate (behr)and it looked like chocolate syrup when we were pouring it into the paint trays.







I love the way this turned out. These are my happy colors. I have already had "Why did you chose those colors?" well the truth is I really don't care what others have to say about it. I just smile because they make me happy! Above the bead board is fossil butte (behr) and the trim is stowe white (glidden) I had a behr paint picked out and bought a five gallon bucket of it and when we started painting it was the wrong color. I was freaking out and couldn't understand why I would have picked a color like that, well apparently there are two different colors, so FYI if you chose Artist Canvas make sure it isn't Artists canvas. There is a huge unmistakeable difference. I couldn't find another color that I liked so I matched the ceiling paint, we had the paint leftover from painting an exam room in Justin's office. Thank goodness I picked out the color at the time because I love it.

















My office...ahhh I love it...wild mushroom (behr) and I love my ceiling fan. I can't wait to move in.






The carpet installers are downstairs pounding away....I am too giddy to think about how tired I am!

6 comments:

Marci said...

Ashley! It looks beautiful. I LOVE the colors, and the molding, and your office. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Melissa B. said...

I love fossil butte. I have had that swatch since I bought my house in CT. Waiting for the right room for it. See you on Wed. I can't wait.

Kristi said...

SO beautiful, Ash! You have an artist's eye. eNjOY!

Traci said...

it's looking great and i love the colors you picked too!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness.
It's absolutely decadent.
So gorgeous.
The colors are perfect!
Very you. And I want to be you.
I love it.
You did a fantastic job!
The painting looks professionally done.
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
Can't wait to see it in person.

Natalie said...

I love it! I too can't wait to see it! See you tomorrow!