Saturday, April 25, 2009

CELEBRATION!!!

So after more years than I have been alive my Mom graduated with her bachelors yesterday! I am so proud I can hardly keep from shouting it to the world. I only know a fraction of the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into this accomplishment. She is the first one in my family (dad and siblings) to complete it! There were a few of us that were slightly jealous because we aren't there yet. What an example. My kids went to the graduation ceremony, what a great example of life long learning. It is never too late to complete a worthy goal.
















Grandma with all her grandkids (at least for the next few weeks, twins and another baby are due in May)














We are missing the youngest Craig. We wish Des and Craig could have come but they are getting ready to have their first baby. Sarah finds out next week when these twins will get here. I think it is totally unfair that she looks so good. I swear I was that big with only one baby and we have pictures of my Mom when she was preggo with Craig and she was competing with Sarah's size.










We learned an interesting tidbit from Grandpa about how he traded a pig to pay for the hospital bills when my mom was born. Grandma was there with us even though physically she couldn't make the trip. We missed you Grandma but we did take pictures and a video.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Kudos to your mom -- what an awesome example. Great celebration.

Cammie said...

Congratulations to your mother! That is quite the accomplishment.

THE NORRIS FAMILY said...

What an example! I bet it's a day that all the kids will remember too. Congrats to your mom! She looks radiant in the pictures! (melissa posner)