Friday, April 3, 2009

framing is complete

They are insulating as I post this. The first thing L will show you when touring our basement is "see the dirty tub." He is very intrigued by this and thinks it is yucky. Thankful I think that means that my other tubs don't resemble this. Whew!











Here is the the wall knocked out and the stairs opened up. It is better than I could have hoped for. My kids are already excited about the understairs play area. I am going to have my mom paint a mural in there. I am debating between a bistro or marketplace feel.













The entrance into the theatre room is turning out awesome. Justin wanted a curved wall and it gives the perfect touch. I can't wait until it is finished.

4 comments:

Lanna said...

I love the openness of the stairs. I might just have to do that to mine, too. :) I vote for a bistro for under the stairs. :)

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh. It's coming along just fabulously.
So exciting!!!
I love the curved wall idea. Great job, Justin.
And I vote for a marketplace feel. Though a bistro can be fabulous, too. Well, shoot. Can't you do both?
Your basement is going to be fabulous. Such a great area for entertainment.
I can't wait to see what happens next.
Love you guys!!!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Looks amazing!

Kim Goddard said...

So did you get to painting yet? Or is that next week? I can't wait to see it done! Fun projects!!!!