Monday, April 13, 2009

drywall taped





Thank goodness for warmer weather. Hopefully that means it will dry faster so we can get on with texturing. It takes two coats so dry dry dry dry. Finished carpentery is being delivered on Friday and some will go up if dry wall is finished and dry. I spent Friday afternoon at Burton lumber with our builder and my three kids. I think they were glad to see us go. But it made it so much easier with me right there to answer questions and make decisions. I don't think I could ever survive building a house from the ground up. So remind me I LOVE my house and I never need to move or build new.

4 comments:

Traci said...

love to see the coming along process! it would be hard to build brand new! can't wait to see the finished project- plus just remember that your house can always we a project, so try not to rush everything, although it will be nice to have a finished basement, i am sure!

Kim Goddard said...

It is looking so good! I have to admit that I am jealous of all the space!!!!! Some day....

Sarah said...

Whoa, that basement is sure taking shape quickly.
It looks fabulous! Even w/out flooring and paint, etc.
I imagine that the awesome thing about getting to do your own basement is that you don't really have to live in the construction zone, right?
You simply tell the contractors exactly how you want it to look. And since it's on the lower level, it doesn't prevent you from doing normal things like using your kitchen, etc.
And then once it's all finished, it's perfect.
Well, that's my hope for you.

We're so happy for you that things are going so well.
Miss you.

Ashley said...

Well that is only somewhat true. Let's see I had to wait until 3:45pm for someone to show up that was supposed to come in the morning. I can't leave because then they leave if I am not here and then we are put behind schedule even more. UGH! Seriously annoyed today. Because of a few days here and there with the slacking dry wallers and we are behind a whole week. And the layer of white dust that is all over the house.....I am not necessarily tripping over it but I can see the evidence of construction everywhere.