Saturday, April 18, 2009

a beautiful day to

run a 5k! Seriously it was so perfect and the other fantastic thing was I jogged the entire way. And even better I beat my personal goal by 3 minutes. I was watching the half marathoners come in and was green with envy. So I guess I will be researching one of those for the summer. 10k is next on the list at the end of May. Dustine was the best running partner. Thanks girl for motivating me to sign up and go for it! The one regret I didn't have a camera small enough to pack with me, we looked fabulous even at the end. Though the girl that was putting on the liploss while she was walking up the hill and ran a few steps around the corner and started walking again really made me laugh. St. George marathon in the near future (this fall please)???? We will let fate decide, (I have to get in first).


update: I got the official time and I finished 5 minutes better than my goal!!!!!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Way to go!!!!!!! You'll be addicted to these races before you know it...

Marci said...

Yea Ashley! I am so proud of you! You are my inspiration. I just heard there is a 5k here next weekend. Maybe I will be brave and sign up because of you!

Melissa B. said...

hey it was a perfect day! We were running in the same event. We were the ones pushing 3 kids in strollers. I had Bowen and Kevin had the girls. We love this 5K, the new course was fun too.

Ashley said...

Natalie-next thing I know I could run a marathon with you!

Marci- go for it! Seriously you won't regret it

Melissa- I wish I would have bumped into you. It was really fun!

Sarah said...

Whoa!
What's this about running 5 & 10Ks?
You are so awesome.
And to beat your personal time by 3 minutes?!?
That's a lot. And very impressive.
Great job!
Good luck with the lottery for the St. George race.
You are so amazing to even want to run marathons.

Kristen said...

I am so impressed. I feel like everyone is running but my lazy self... I got to get moving. Congratulations!!!

Traci said...

congrats! that is so awesome to hear~ bummer no pix though!