Tuesday, September 1, 2009

notables

Last night at FHE, Justin was asking the kids about the lesson and trying to make sure they were listening. A asks,"Dad do you suffer from short term memory loss? We just talked about that!"

I had my camera out tonight, "Please don't step on my camera L." L replies, "Mom it's not your camera, Mom, it's your smile." Ahhh see you learn something new, I bet you didn't know it was called that.

Miss M is loving 1st grade but thinks she can hide her homework and pretend she doesn't have any. Hmm nice try but NO.

Our first pinewood derby tonight. Thanks to Papa Gull who supervised the construction. Justin and I both are maybe a little to OCD to have been able to handle the project. Each time he raced it was last. Grandpa said, "It's a Gull tradtion to come in last place." A replies, "That is a stupid tradition, why would you want to start that Grandpa?"







And really I just have to blame Leigh for this one. She has been sewing skirts like crazy and making them so stinkin' cute. So I had leftover, literally leftover pieces from the Christmas quilt I just pieced together. I am so in love with this fabric, it is the perfect mix of scrapbooking and quilting mix just for me and my favorite colors. (Moda Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey) So I also tackled my first project without a pattern. I almost have the Halloween skirt done and it is yummy (I really wasn't going to do one but then I reorganized my totes of fabric and discovered some cute halloween fabric that I bought on clearance as a remenant and it was downhill from there). Really I should be sewing that but instead I am updating my blog to keep all of you happy ;).





10 comments:

Kristen said...

Super cute kids and I love the comment about the pine wood derby. They are so funny and the skirt is gorgeous!!! Miss you.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness... I love that skirt!!!
You are so very talented, Ash.
And M looks lovely.

Thanks for sharing all the fun happenings with you guys.
I loved A's comments on the Gull fam tradition re: Pine Derbys

Seriously, I loved all your stories. Keep 'em coming.
Love you all.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Cute skirt! And I love A's comment about the tradition!

Kim Goddard said...

So Cute!!!!! Good job!

Natalie said...

Loved the skirt! I should hire you to make Allie some cute clothes:) You are very talented!
Nat

Paige said...

Oh great....do ya think you and leigh could teach me how to sew that???

THE NORRIS FAMILY said...

Super cute skirts! Talent, talent, talent! : ) The kids comments are soooo funny!

Melissa B. said...

the skirt is soooo cute. I only know how to sew without a pattern. I don't think I could read one if I needed too. I can't believe how old she looks.

Amy said...

That is so cute. Is it an elastic waste?? Tutorial coming?? I love it.

Cammie said...

Ashley, I searched back through the archives of your blog to find the picture of this skirt you made for your cute little daughter. I've been trying to find a pattern or something very similar, but can't. Is there anyway you would share the instructions on how to make this gem? I have a friend whose daughter is getting baptized and I'd love to make her one in different white patterned fabrics.