Tuesday, February 20, 2007

day 2: winter break

Well the kids are out of school for this week. Today we went swimming at the Y with some friends. It was nice. Yesterday being Presidents' Day I forgot the post office would be closed so I had many packages to go out today. It was lunchtime, I had to get gas in the car and the kids already patiently waited for 30 min. in line at the post office. I thought I would reward them by taking them to Wendy's. Little did I know how long that was going to take. I waited in line for another 30 min. and had horrible customer service as well as everyone else in line. They messed up everyone's order. I thought I would be exempt because it was a simple order, oh no! They messed up 2 out of 2 sandwiches. Oh well! The kids were angels. Thank goodness I had fed L right before we went inside. Everyone was amazed at how well they behaved even though they were so hungry. Then A wanted to go outside and play, one of the older kids threw an ice ball (because we really don't have snow) at him and hit him in the face so now he is settled watching a movie. School break...it is tough on everyone. Hopefully I will be able to get a couple of pictures of him, I need to take advantage of the time, usually he is at school until after the "good lighting" is gone.

No comments: