Thursday, February 22, 2007

Day 4: winter break

Mom is surviving. L still has a fever and decided to have a rough night last night. We still went to the children's museum with playgroup. I am glad that we did go. I ended up buying a family pass which will allow us to go to many of the science museums and kids museums all over the place. I am tired of trying to figure out what to do and now that it is paid for, hopefully it will be an easier choice and make it more enjoyable.
M found a friend at the grocery store today. A five year old girl came up to M and said," I suck the same two fingers." They both bonded immediately, sucked their fingers and they stared at each other, sharing their comforting moment together.
It is amazing to me the things that my children haven't grown up with, for example: stove top popcorn! I bought at Target a stove top popcorn popper. So we bought the popcorn kernels today at the store. My kids were amazed, they said, "Dad you put the seeds in the pot and they turn into popcorn." Thanks to microwave popcorn, I think they thought that the bag just inflated and out comes popcorn. I have many fond childhood memories of my Mom not getting the lid on the popcorn fast enough and having it pop all over the stove and floor. My kids have been missing out! Though I hope to not have the popcorn pop all over the place.

No comments: