Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Day 3: winter break



Well L has a fever so we are not able to have a play date. Lucky for me the weather seems to be a little warmer today so we were be able to go out and play for a little bit. We spoke with G&G on Skype this morning. It is so much fun to video conference so the kids can see them even though they are halfway across the world. M was sad when we had to turn off the video because we were getting slow connection. She said "But Mom I want Grandma's details on." (meaning the video) I LOVE the way kids explain things.
L has discovered the love of metallic wrappers. It is hilarious. If he drops it he bursts into tears and then when I start crinkling it again he gets really excited and kicks his feet, he drops it and cries simultaneously. He has been so obsessed with his left hand too. He will stare intently at his hand and watch his fingers open and close, working so hard to control the movement.
Yeah for once I have a better picture of A, he is getting to the age it is a little harder to photograph as he tries to pull funny faces. I have to get his mind off the photo and then I get a more natural look from him. I was having him tell me knock knock jokes. Yes it has arrived at our house the infamous stage of knock knock jokes. He came home from school the other day, "knock, knock," whose there? "Boo" Boo who? "You did need to cry about it." The magical age, I am sure people have done studies on it but it is amusing to me how it seems every kid this age goes through it. The other day we had some friends over and we were relating a humorous story we had heard from someone else. After our friends left A said giggling, " I know what you where talking about. That is funny!" I think it was cute that he waited until after they had left. I am sure he was just bursting inside.

No comments: