Saturday, May 5, 2007

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

And Happy 30th to me!It is hard to believe. The kids decorated downstairs and I was welcomed with party horns. Justin made his amazing NY style cheesecake. I will post pics later, perfection! I had chili verde pork burritos, Justin's fresh salsa....mmmm. My tastebuds are very happy campers right now. I had a couple of friends stop by and many phonecalls. Thanks everyone for making me feel so special. I did a bad thing and went bathing suit shopping before the stores closed (we are leaving for vacation on Monday and nothing fits, blame it on post partum and turning 30!) Nothing like making me feel really uncomfortable in my skin. Oh well I guess chalk it up to motivation to not eat all of the remainder of my cheesecake....I will share it and eat the last piece and pack my running shoes! I will just avoid the unflattering reflections and enjoy my ignorance when I hit the beach, afterall from my view I can be whatever I want when I don't get reality staring me back in the face. (mental note: Just don't look down, you will be just fine. keep your eyes on the horizon)

1 comment:

Amy Smith said...

HHHHHaaaaaappppppyyyyyyy BBBBBIIIIRRRRTTTTHHHHHDDDDAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is me shouting from all the way in Tennessee! I am sorry I neglected to keep a record of your birthday so that I could wish it too you on your actual birthday!

Have a great trip.

Miss ya!