Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Why don't you have a job?

This is the question I was asked today. A said to me "Mom why don't you have a job?" I replied I do I am your mother and it is a very important job. "That's not a real job. Why don't you go to work?" Before launching into a big Mommy job description I asked, Why? M and A both said "So we can go to extended day at school, because that is where kids go that have mom's that work. They have a lot of fun!" I said but then I don't get to spend enough time with you. A has a quick response to that "of course you do you will be the one to pick us up!" Well luckily I am firm and secure in my decision to stay home, I hope eventually they will thank me later.

1 comment:

Lanna said...

I can't imagine a mom that doesn't work. I may get a paycheck that I can take to the bank, but the paychecks that come in the form of goofy smiles, syrupy kisses, homemade Mother's Day cards and a bowl of shared popcorn on the couch during an afternoon movie are the best kinds of payment for a job well done. :) Wouldn't you agree?