Saturday, June 23, 2007

end of soccer season



Well if I could have video from the first game A played to the way he played today....it wouldn't even seem to be the same kid. As some of you have heard me say, at times it was painful to watch him play as he was just there to run and socialize with the kids. At times he would not be aware of the game that was going on around him. Well I think it has finally sunk in. I was so proud of him today. He passed the ball and set up several people to shoot a goal, and they were successful. A got a trophy (like everyone else on the team). I think A just plays to get a trophy. Thank goodness all who participate get one. His coach said "This player is the most confident, will take a tumble and get right back up. He is the toughest and scrappiest kid on the team." And then called A up. I think it summed it right up. He just played hard and ran and ran and ran and followed that ball no matter what.

1 comment:

Traci said...

I bet it was fun to watch him grow in while playing soccor. We need to get out kids signed-up for soccor too!