Friday, March 28, 2008

Gratitude


I feel so much love and gratitude today for my many blessings. We had a wonderful Relief Society birthday dinner last night. Not only was the food amazing, it was so wonderful to interact with the sisters of my ward (congregation). The theme was "Stitched Together With Love." Our Relief Society President got up and talked about the stitches that have pulled us together...babies, families moving out/moving in, surgeries, dinners, illnesses etc. She asked us to think of interactions we have had with the names she read off. All the people that have moved over the past year were named. I couldn't help the tears. I miss so many of them and now faced with the fact that I leave in less than 3 months. I love my ward, my calling (RS 1st counselor), my friends, New England. It is hard to remove myself from the picture. I am grateful for email, blogs, phones, travel and an after-life so that all these relationships/friendships will continue. Yesterday I was over at one of my previous RS presidents house helping clean up, as the truck was being packed. She has been a great example to me and brought such a reality with her. I remember many things she has said and they really touched me, but one thing that really stands out was...if you need a friend, or help or whatever, reach out, let someone know, if you are lonely call someone else, chances are they may be feeling the same way... It has stuck with me. She lives her words and I know there is a hole that will be here as she has done so many things and most of them without others knowledge. I am grateful for good people. I spoke with a friend today that is not a member of my faith, yet we can still talk about praying, pondering and scriptures and feel the same love and peace from our loving Heavenly Father. I am grateful for my children's teachers who work so hard to help them succeed. I am grateful for a loving husband, he works so hard with little reward or thought of himself. I am grateful he loves to come home, even if it is untidy and dinner isn't made. I am grateful for my children and the individuality they each come with. I am grateful for the scriptures, The Book of Mormon and the Holy Bible. It shouldn't be so amazing but it is, I always find the answers I need at the moment I need them. I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. My heart is full and I could continue going but I will stop there for now.

5 comments:

Traci said...

Great post and cute pic of the kids. Glad your RS went well. Can't believe your time is almost up here too and that we would run into each other again, just a reminder at what a small world this really is!
It was good to see you yesterday too!

Margo said...

what a special post. I can't believe you guys are almost done. If you are driving through Ohio, I hope I get to see you. Your the greatest.

Paige said...

But...the good news is that you are moving closer to me! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love ya!

Kristi said...

That is such sweet picture of your kids. Sounds like you had a really inspiring relief society. I'm also in the presidency, and I feel like it has really increased my love for the girls in my ward. Thanks for sharing!

Cammie said...

So true. Great thoughts.