Friday, June 6, 2008

D-Day 64 years ago


A huge thanks to my Grandpa Joe, Justin's Grandpa Price and the many others who served in WWII. Especially to those who gave up their lives to preserve our freedom and liberty. While we didn't intentionally pick this day 11 years ago to get married we have an interest in this day and its history. Next time you meet a veteran of any war, say Thank You!
Justin and I have always wanted to go to the beaches of Normandy on our anniversary. Someday I hope that we will be able to make that a reality.

4 comments:

Amy Smith said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Traci said...

Happy 11th to you guys!!!
My step-dad was in the Vietnam war and he actually got to go back there just a few weeks ago with others frok his group..

maryann said...

Happy Anniversary!!

I have been to the beaches of Normany and it is an amazing experience.

Cammie said...

Great post. Thanks for your thoughts. What a historic and horrific and triumphant even.