Saturday, June 21, 2008

Moving SUCKS!!!

Today we woke up to the phone being turned off, of course earlier than expected. The internet will be switched off soon too. It seems like the plug on my life support is being pulled. Though I know what lies ahead, I am sad to close the doors on this chapter in my life. How do I even begin??? or end??? I thought I would have more time. I thought I would be able to play one last time. There are so many of you I didn't get to see. I am horrible at parting words because I don't say goodbye. It seems to final and I sincerely hope that it isn't the last time we see or talk to each other. I can't start crying in front of people because I won't be able to stop. My mother-in-law has provided the shoulder for me to cry on when I walk through my door and break down because I don't want to leave. I want to package up all my friends here and take them with me. Forget the moving truck full of stuff. I WANT MY FRIENDS!!!! So please forgive me for being short on words when I last saw you, I wanted to say so much. This has been the best 5 years of my life because of all of you. I watched so many move before me and thought my time was soo far off and now there is no more denying it, my truck and almost empty apartment are staring me in the face. The teary eyed parting with friends as we are trying to keep it together, knowing that our daily interactions are changing it too much to bare. Moving out here wasn't hard, this move is ripping my heart out.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Your guys moving away certainly sucks. We will miss you terribly. So glad we could do a final Karaoke night before you took off. I'll post the pics (I think I got 3 before my batteries died).
We will miss you so much. I'm glad that you're moving somewhere where there's a very decent chance we'll be visiting there in the future. Location, location, location.
I've been trying not to think of the huge impact your moving will have on my life. You guys have been great (truly great) friends. And such an integral part of our lives.
You guys have been there for some of the biggest (and funnest) events in our lives. Just to name a few (off the top of my head): Noah's birth, Noah's 1st birthday, Murder Mystery Night, career decisions, moving apartments (yikes), Guitar Hero, my 30th b-day surprise party, GNOs with OPI Russia nail polish, etc.
We will miss you all so very much. And we are so very grateful that you have been our friends. Please don't forget us. Keep blogging and we'll have to get your #s so we can chat, etc.
Travel safely. We love you.

Traci said...

Ok, so I guess we won't be seeing each other, but best of luck with the move and new adventures!! Too funny that we both ended up in the east together for a while!~
Thank goodness for this blogging business to keep in touch!
Take Care!

mandy said...

Gosh, I've been wondering how I'm going to make it another 3 years of residency, and then I read this! I am already sad to leave Seattle and all the great friends we've made. Thanks for putting things in perspective for me! Happy moving!

Sarah said...

Hey Ash- Noah was just showing me a new skill that he had. Then he told me he couldn't wait until A came over to check out what he was doing.
I then told Noah, "oh Honey, don't you remember, A moved away."
Noah replied, "A can use his car to drive over here."
I then explained that A can't drive yet.
Noah then stated simply, "A's parents can drive him over so he can see my new trick."
I wish it were so easy. But I'll ask anyway...
Hey Ash, can you guys drive A over here so he can check out Noah's new skills? You can bring M & L, too. :)

Tamra said...

{{{HUGS}}} I'm so sorry you had to leave your friends! I hope that we can hang out more and get to know each other better now that you are in UT. Hang in there!