Monday, June 30, 2008

moving still sucks

Okay I am feeling a little better than what I was this weekend. We arrived in Utah early Friday morning. Then Friday we looked around for housing/apartments all day with all the kids in tow. That was a fantastic family activity I highly recommend it, especially when no one has slept and extremely hungry. Great times! We did get invited to a neighborhood block party in the area we wish to move too. We received lots of information which was really nice. Saturday was the same running around trying to find an apartment to move into immediately. Called more storage units to store our stuff. That was a nice chase. We opened a bank account and then my brother offered his unfinished basement to store our things for a short period. So we started the unloading process. I have had to swallow a big humility pill. Justin's parents not only helped us pack/load/drive, now they had to help unload. My brother Taylor, Justin's Aunt and my sister Natalie helped. We didn't complete it and it took much longer than anticipated. Sunday we went to church in the ward that had the block party on Friday night. We met lots of nice people and a couple who may be selling their house. After church we drove around the neighborhoods again and then went to Justin's parents condo (where we have been staying) and took a much needed nap. Then we had a a nice picnic with Justin's parents and his sister Ash and her kiddos. Then the dreaded unloading of the remainder of our stuff out of the truck. My sister Sarah and Nick, Taylor, my Mom and her husband, and Natalie with her boyfriend helped with the rest of the unloading. And also poor Adam, Paige's brother got roped in. He didn't know what he got himself into for stopping by. Then a little Guitar Hero to break up the tension. Dropping off the truck was a nightmare. We drove around for 2 hours trying to find it (we started at midnight, with all the kids with us). I got pulled over for running a red light. I don't think I have ever run a red light in my life but stupid choices happen after midnight. Of course, who was there to witness my mistake a cop. I was so busted and couldn't even justify it. When he came up to car I handed him my license and told him what stupid choice I had made and felt bad for endangering my family and others. I then said, After we process this can you please help me with directions to the Penske truck place. He then asked if I was visiting. I said that we had just moved here. He said Why? Connecticut is so nice! I then replied I have been asking myself the same question, we have had a move from h*ll. Amazingly he said he would let me off with a warning. I almost said but I deserve the ticket I was in the wrong but I did graciously thank him for the directions. I felt really bad when we got back to the condo, Justin's mom had waited up for us and it was 2am. Even though Justin has grown up his mom still takes really good care of us. We made a list of houses to go to and Taylor made the appointments and we went and saw a good chunk of them today. Tomorrow we will see the rest of them. Then decide which one to make an offer on. We will be at the condo one more night and then we will be staying at Justin's Aunts house. Next week Justin and I go on a much needed r&r without the kids. July hasn't even started and I feel it has already ended.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

I agree that it stinks, but hey...things can only get better and they will. And you will make friends and love your new house in no time. Don't forget to save up for your trip to Europe. We love you guys!!

Sarah said...

You're alive!!! I'm glad to hear you guys made it safely to UT. Was the flooding an issue for you guys when you crossed on I80?
Your CT cell phones no longer work, so when you get a chance, call/email us with your new contact info... 'cause we miss you.
Noah thinks he's going to move far, far away too... 'cause you guys did. And I don't think it's sunk in for him that he can't live near you guys anymore.
I hope you find a great place to live, that block party area sounds great.
And that cop was super nice to let you go w/ a warning. You do deserve breaks, Ash. Even when you don't think you do.
Well, you should call us... and make sure that your new cell phone provider is Verizon ('cause we just got real cells w/ them). Woohoo.
Miss you guys. We're thinking about doing another Murder Mystery night, but it won't be the same without you.
Love you guys. Get some sleep. And find people to watch your kids while you go house/apt hunting. It might help lessen the stress.
Love you Ash.

Sarah said...

OMgosh, I gotta tell you something really quick. I was flipping through channels the other night and happened to stop at Ugly Betty for a moment (I've never watched the show), but what should they be doing but watching "Wicked" on broadway.
Made me think of you instantly. Then I noticed... the green faced witch (WW of the W?) was none other than my friend Eden Espinosa... the one I was telling you that I think was in the original cast.
Crazy.
Made me miss you terribly. And I was so sad that I didn't have your # to call you and reminisce for a few.
I so need your contact info.

Crystal said...

Sounds like it's been a crazy move! Good luck with the house search! Have a great r&r with Justin next week!

Tamra said...

Oh Ashley! I'm so sorry things are not going well! Please call me if you need help. DH has two trailers if you need one. I hope you get settled soon! Can't wait to see you. My number is 304-9497

Traci said...

I hate it when loads of bad misfortunes happen, hopefully you are over the hump! Glad you guys made it safe and sound. Hears to some r&r for sure!
Good luck with the house hunt and can't wait to see what you find!!!

Lanna said...

Hang in there! We're waiting to see if one of our THREE offers has been accepted. Best of luck with the searching!

Tonya said...

Miss you tons! Moving really is soooo difficult. I can't believe we'll be going to Cali in Dec. So crazy! Hang in there and praying things get better.