Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sunny Florida

Ahhhh! Nothing like a little vacation away from all our cares. Justin and I are in Orlando currently. He has a conference and I tagged long (without kids!!!). This is our first time away without anyone in tow. We have spent that past two days in Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Our favorite rides: The Mummy and MIB. The coasters were pretty intense but glad we rode them once. I have blisters on my pinky toes from all the walking. We have decided that we really aren't theme park people but it has been fun. I especially enjoy being able to go out to dinner. We even caught a late movie last night. They have dance clubs on the City Walk so we will most likely end up at one of them tonight. Justin started his conference today so I decided I needed to do a little catch up and hopefully get out to the pool to soak up some rays.
So as much as we didn't want to buy a house from across the country. WE ARE!! The seller decided to accept our offer. Now I don't want to hold my breath but at least we are getting a little closer to getting settled. Here is a picture of the house. This is from a few months ago, the timbers on the front are stained dark brown. And the garage is rocked. The front door is still not painted and the landscaper is waiting for us to get back to plan out our yard. After how stressful our move was for Justin and I we realized there is no way we would be able to survive a remodel and still have one of us alive at the end. So we found a new home in the same neighborhood we were looking in and fell in love. (Justin with the house and me the yard.) So we will see what happens. I am familiar with Real Estate and know there are many more hoops to jump through before it is a done deal.

6 comments:

Amy Smith said...

Looks beautiful! Enjoy your vacation and seriously call me with all the details, I don't have your number anymore! Miss you!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!!
Wow, the house looks great! I mean, it has so much potential- I can so visualize it all finished up. Very attractive. Can't wait to visit.
Yeah, we'll wait until you've closed on the house and moved in, etc. Just to make sure it's a done deal. Things can be so iffy when it comes to real estate stuff. So we'll cross our fingers that everything goes well for you guys. You deserve it to all go so smoothly.
I'm glad (and jealous) that you're having a super (sans kiddos) vacation in Florida. Sounds so fun. Miss you guys. Glad to hear from you.
Want to see more pics. Love you guys.

Lanna said...

Yeah! Good luck with it. We currently have the real estate curse on us.

Traci said...

So enjoy your time in Florida!!! I have been there only once for business, but would love to go back with Brandon one day!
Loving your new house, I sure hope things work out well! How fun!!!

Kristen said...

So glad you are getting much deserved R&R. We miss you and are excited about your new house. That looks beautiful.

Amy said...

Wow, the house looks great!! Hope it all works out. I am so glad that you guys can get some quality time together. Rudy and I are still trying to convince his mom to move to MN so that we can have free babysitting and be able to go out more often.