Saturday, July 26, 2008

somebody wake me

I feel like I have been on this nightmare vacation that drags on and on and on. Well nightmare may be exaggerating but it the way I feel for now. I am tired of going on "vacation" (ie family reunions, family weddings) Oh wait I get to go again tomorrow. I am soo tired of living out of a suitcase and not having stuff. I HATE not knowing where things are and using someone else's computer. My car exploded today. So far it looks like antifreeze. I had gone to print up pictures for an assignment (I had to use ones off my blog because I don't have access to my pictures currently...ugh). I was backing out and a huge explosion. I saw stuff blow out from under the hood. I quickly pulled back into the parking space. A nice fellow heard the explosion and came over to assist me. He was so patient (I couldn't even find the stupid lever to unlatch the hood.)He had me turn off the car and I told him I would call AAA. He kept checking things out and showed me a couple of things to point out to the mechanic. Then here comes my Aunt. It wasn't planned but definetly a blessing. She drove me to her house and then we sent the boys to go take care of the car. Justin called AAA and had them tow the car to a dealership, $60 later we find out that there was a dealership just down the street and it would have been free to tow. Oh well what do you do? Only a few more weeks until I get to start unpacking. I am not excited about that but it will be nice to have my own stuff again. Wish me luck or wake me up and tell me it is all a dream.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Ugh, this must be so frustrating for you. And tiring. Moving (in and of itself) is exhausting, but add being up in the air about housing, vacations, wedding, car explosions, etc...
Man, you've got a super stressful time.
Perhaps someday you can look back at this time as funny and/or entertaining.
But for now, try and find something that relaxes you. Detox with a GNO or movie or pedicure or something.
Or just wait and it'll be over soon enough. And then you'll get bored doing your daily life and almost wish for something major to happen.
But probably not a car explosion.

That actually happened to me once. We had just moved to CT, so I didn't know anyone. I think my battery blew up in my car as I started it to head home from school.
I barely had enough $ for a bus ride home (I had no cell, nor did I know anybody's # off the top of my head). So I took the bus from Tunxis to the Exchange (we lived in the Talcott Forest area then) and found LeNell Jensen at home. She kindly drove me to get a new battery, then over to the school to switch them out.
That was good times.
Good friends always make crazy times better.
Wish I could be there to do a GNO with you. Miss you.
Love you.

Lanna said...

Hang in there! In a few more weeks, it will be all just a dream. :)

Traci said...

Bummer to hear all about your car!!! Glad it's fixed though.
I bet you are ready to settled down and be in your own place soon too, especially since school probably starts soon as well.
Sounds like your nightmare is coming to a close, thank goodness!

Kristen said...

Once you get settled the only vacation you are allowed is to France!!! Email me how to call, the kids are dying to talk to yours and I would love to catch up. Once you are done with all your travels. We miss you tons!!