Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"I am not your girlfriend....

..he is lying." M announces to the crowd of people. Later when telling dad about that night, "Dad I don't have a boyfriend and I don't want to be anyone's girlfriend. I want to wait until I am sixteen like you and mom." Well that is a least a little progress. Though the shades of red she turned when Benji called her his girlfriend was priceless. (The really cute thing is she has a crush and it started at my sister's other show the first part of January when she met Benji at my sister's place. She still doesn't know who he is, so we will keep it that way.)



So what exactly am I babbling about? Well to start out we went to my sisters performance Friday and Saturday night. Aunt Natty is a wicked hip hop dancer and her company was performing as well as some of the kids she teaches. We sent the boys to the cabin and we had a girls weekend. Here she is doing her signature move right before the curtain goes down.



Oh and they did an awesome dance to 90s music...ahhh the good ole dancing days for me. Nat shouted out to the whole audience in the middle of it "My sister taught me that!" Yep that would be me. Thanks Nat for helping me relive my youth :). They couldn't afford to have my expertise of dancing in the 90s on staff so I did what I could to help out :P





Here is my sister (far right) and her roomies. They are awesome! And when Benji is in town they have a 4th roommate. I have more pics but they will have to wait for another time. I can't wait until the video of their performance is out....it ROCKED!!! When I regain my hearing that I lost during the show...(from a certain 5 year old screaming..."Go Benji, Go Ms. Alexis, Go Aunt Natty, Go Alan!") Anyway it was a great time. M wants to know when I am going to sign her up. If only they weren't 45 minutes away on a good day. Maybe someday.

Someday when I grow up can I dance like my sister? Hey how about her legs too?! Why oh why did I literally get the short end of the stick on that......Only in my dreams.

2 comments:

Marci said...

That is so cute! I need to see some of those moves Ashley!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh!
You guys are friends with Benji?!? That is so completely cool.
I can't wait to see the vid of your sister's performance. I bet it rocked.

And I loved M's reaction to her having a boyfriend. You guys have done some seriously good work with your kiddos.
Miss you.