Monday, March 9, 2009

The Before pics

So I thought in the excitement of actually getting this completed, I thought I would post before pics. Hopefully I will be able to get the inbetween shots too. It is fun to see if this can come together the way we have it in our head. The builder was over today to chalk where the walls will go and the building commences tomorrow. I can't wait to get this done. It is going to be nice to utilize the extra space. I am also excited for the storage closets that will be going in too. We don't plan on furnishing the "great room" with anything other than tumbling mats for now (that will conveniently fold and be put in storage closets when not in use.) Is it bad that I am so excited so then I can move on to the next project: Upstairs. MWAAHAHAHA! Seriously though it will be so nice to get my "mess" I mean my stuff into a proper place out of the line of sight of innocent passersby (ie The Den the first thing you see when you come in my front door). And to have a space where the kids can beat, I mean play with each other when the weather doesn't permit them being outside in our backyard. Which have I mentioned how wonderful it is to have my very own fenced in backyard??? It only took 12 years to get to this point but I am going to savor this moment and watching from the window the kids run around outside in the back was pure bliss! Those that live in Heritage Glen or have in the past or anything else likened to it, will know exactly what I am talking about.




4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, how exciting!
I love before and after pics.
I can't wait to the after shots.
It looks like you've got tons of space down there. Awesome.
You so deserve a fenced-in backyard and a finished basement with all the trimmings.
Can't wait to see it.

Marci said...

I can't wait to see the after pictures!!!

Kristen said...

We're moving in!!! It looks fantastic.

THE NORRIS FAMILY said...

AHH! So fun! I love to see the before and afters. What a great way to document your project! Have fun and create...create...create!