Sunday, August 16, 2009

Calgary Stampede

So in my effort to feel more caught up I am starting with our vacation photos and making mypublisher book with them. I am sick of the thousands of photos that we have on disks and no pictures to show for it. Anyway here is pics from our day at the Calgary Stampede, and if you are from Alberta you will know what a big deal this is :).
















So where are these kids' mothers? Look Mom I can do jumps on my motorcycles far into the air and let go. Seriously made me a nervous wreck but the kids liked it.











And your eyes do not deceive you, that is Justin busting a move on stage with the USA breakdancers. He was too good that they quickly shewed him off stage but he was the clear cut winner of the bunch.











The native dress was amazing. I was so proud of a mother of a teenager, the mother told her teen daughter to quit her complaining and appreciate this part of Canada's heritage. You go MOM!!!!














The kids loved the military section of the Stampede, they climbed on tanks, pretended to shoot guns and get your face painted with official army paint for FREE. My kids were so excited about the FREE part, oh and A got to hold a real bazooka.





















L loved his turkey leg and wouldn't let anyone near it.


















One of my favorites was the recycled percussion show. These guys are from New Hampshire if I remember correctly. Anyway they put on a great performance.































We ended the day with a Chuck Wagon race and The Big Show. And they weren't kidding when they named it the Big Show because it was exactly that. Death defying acrobatics and dancing....fireworks....it was so overwhelming I failed to take even one picture.

No comments: