Tuesday, April 29, 2008

when is enough, ENOUGH???

Seriously! I just filled up Justin's tank and it was $4.48/gallon for diesel (It was $3.71 for regular). Luckily at that gas station I can get milk for $2.99 (down from $3.29 on sale, but just last year I got a gallon from them for $1.99, regular price is $4.99). Eggs have doubled price at my Costco. Wheat's prices are going up up up.... One can't stretch their dollar very far any more. On Thursday, we have a vote on our town budget, now I maybe moving but this isn't going to stop me from voting. I feel it my duty to stop them raising the taxes which are already insanely high. We all have to learn to live within the budget we have been given, redirect money to the places that need them not try and generate a new revenue to get the funding. Look at what programs aren't working and do away with them. Businesses do it all the time. I think they need an effeciency expert in there ASAP!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so there with you Ash. We should be focusing on reevaluating our budgets instead of increasing them (individually and in the community).
I hope enough people vote to stop increasing taxes, etc. Cost of living is getting ridiculous.

Kristi said...

amen!

Margo said...

I am just as frustrated. They are trying to pass a $500 property tax increase and claim that if it does not pass that our schools will go in the crapper. I am doubtful of that. I about passed out when I filled my tank yesterday. It is painful.

Maman Pélissié said...

I think CT has the highest gas tax in the US. You will get a little break when you move to Utah, but it seems to just be bad everywhere!
Ugggggg!

Freer Family said...

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous!