Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grandma Tea Party

M asked Grandma Jodi when they were going to have a Tea Party. "Grandma you have to wear a dress too!" Grandma was prepared with a kit for making tiaras and ready to make cookies. While we didn't actually have tea, or sipping of any kind, it was a Tea Party to M! My mom is soo much fun. Watching her play with the kids brought back memories of my childhood. We would have so much fun pretending, dancing around the house, singing songs, making cookies so we could snitch the dough (Mom would pretend to be mad) and reading books. One of many blessing of living closer to family is having Grandma Jodi so close. Not only for my kids but for me too. I am still her baby even if I have my own. M and I had little difference of opinion on what she was wearing. I need to fix it so it actually fits her by adding more fabric. M reminded me, "You told me I could wear whatever I want!" Well I lost that battle because I remember saying it. M did Grandma's hair, fancy don't you think! I regret not video taping Grandma dancing with the girls, so much fun. We were belting out tunes too. Luckily no one else was hear to have to witness that first hand. All that matters though is we had a great time and even when it was time to go we wanted it not to end.


2 comments:

Crystal said...

A Tea Party with tiaras and cookies! What fun! I love Grandma Jodi's fancy hair.

I agree, living next to my family is such a blessing for both the kids and myself too! We here like lazy Sunday afternoons after church with Memere and Pepere. Lots of fun memories are made!

Sarah said...

Aw, how sweet and fun for M and your mom. I'm so jealous you get to live so close to your extended fam.
Lucky!

Ooh, I was just thinking next time you let M wear "whatever she wants", you can then go and add more layers (under/over) and tell her that she can wear whatever she wants, but as a mom, you get to provide the finishing touch for her.
:)