Wednesday, January 14, 2009

books, books and more books

It seems I can't get enough....I am really quite obsessed. Fablehaven series up to date until March 24, 2009 (Fablehaven 4), Twilight series (1st chapter Midnight Sun check! awaiting its release and will not give in to reading the leaked version), Don't gasp too much I have started Harry Potter. I know I know for all of you who know me you are reading this twice, I did in two sentenced type the two taboo series that I wasn't going to read. And I was just on half.com scanning books and just discovered I missed a new book in one of my favorite juvenile series Stravaganza: City of Secrets by Mary Hoffman....so yep I headed over to amazon.com and ordered it. Hopefully it will be as good as the others. I am also reading Three Cups of Tea. So between reading, no social life and scrapbooking (oh and doing the Mom thing)you can pretty much guess where my nose is....

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh, I love reading. How fun is it to snuggle up when it's cold outside (well, 50 degrees isn't cold, but you get the idea) and read a really good book.
I haven't tried the Stravaganza series, I know it was done in our bookclub, but I missed that month. I think I'll have to check it out.
I've decided to try out Cornelia Funke's Inkspell series and some other books of hers.
Oh, and if you can bear to add another must-read to your list... try Suzanne Collins' "The Hunger Games". It was awesome.
Now back to what you're currently reading...
Harry Potter!!!
I'm so excited for you. That must mean that you're reading it with A, right? Are you guys loving it?
Oh, and btw, I've read that series over a dozen times. No exaggeration.
It just gets better and better with each read.
'Cause you know, reading is not necessarily about finding out what happens in the end, it's the journey itself to that end that makes it enjoyable.
Plus, I just can't leave HP-land. Maybe someday.

I miss you. Wish you were freezing here with us. We could have a GNO and/or Guitar Hero time. Ah well, we'll be out in UT area in August. See you then, eh?
Say 'hi' to all your fam.

Ashley said...

We also will be starting the Inkspell series as well. A read the first HP on our trip out here, I am just behind him. We had borrowed the 2nd HP and have to give it back so I just ordered one from half.com last night so he could finish it. I definetly need a GNO we will have to make up for it when you come out. I am rusty with Guitar Hero but love to play anytime.

Kristi said...

love a good book. and I resisted the Harry Potter craze forever, and when I finally caved they became some of my favorites.

Marci said...

Hi Ashley! I have just been thinking about you! I spent all day crying a few days ago and thought about you and how you must know how this feels. Hope all is going well. I am doing better, I think I just need a good cry every now and then!