Friday, August 22, 2008

Retaining wall is setting

Well the beginning of the end has happened. Once the retaining wall is set, the fence goes in and then landscaping. WAHOO! We have had a great time. L was eating his lunch with his view outside the window of the cement truck pouring the cement. He didn't want me to take him out. It went really quiet...no more ohh...ahhh....big truck... I found this
















Here are our neighbor friends. Our kids are in heaven and so are they. What better thing when you are a kid then to have your friends right across the street. And they are a great fit, bonus I really like their parents too.











A got a call from one of his best friends in CT today. They jabbered on and on about Star Wars games and laser tag and all other things boy. "oh and if you change into Mace Windu then you can do this....ohh I figured out this thing that helps you defeat. You know what I got enough coins to buy General Grievious...I figured out this secret too." It was just like they were sitting in the back fo the Volvo wagon driving to school, with their lego magazines and dreaming up schemes and large lego sets. These are times that I want to remember.













And just so M doesn't feel left out because she didn't want to participate in the friend photo. Here is M making cookies with me yesterday afternoon. What is up with this silly grin??? I think it is the age.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I'm so glad you guys have some good new friends so close (right across the street). That's great.
And the pic of L asleep in his high chair (knowing he fell asleep watching the big trucks) is just priceless.
We miss you, but are so glad that you guys are building a beautiful life in UT. We'll see you eventually. Maybe next summer. Who knows.
Love you guys. Say hi to all your fam from us.
Oh, and I'm sure Noah & Katya would say to say "hi" to A, M, & L, but they're asleep. We sure do miss you.

Amy said...

Okay, I can't believe how old M is getting. Her hair is so long and she has definitely lost that preschool look. They grow up so fast.

Lou Ann said...

Hi Ashley!

The house looks beautiful! I sent you an e-mail back last week. I promise a call soon. Miss you so much.

Love, Lou Ann