Monday, October 27, 2008

busy week/weekend

Well many things happened this past week. The cement on the side of the driveway was finally poured.






So the last flower bed could be finally done. Friday I took a trip to the nursery and bought TREES!! I picked up an Emperor Japanese Maple for the new flower bed and two peach trees for the backyard. I planted over a hundred bulbs, we will see what pops up in the Spring. Then we went to Justin's office and painted one of the patient rooms. Saturday morning I got up early and headed out for a couple of errands (last minute JoAnn's run to get stuff for M's costume and stuff for her friend's birthday) When I got back everyone else was awake, Justin mowed the lawn for the first time since we had the sod installed and they got busy digging holes for trees.













M had a birthday party so I was sewing an apron for her friend and had to finish that before noon. Took M to her princess party...sorry no pic..bummer. She was all dressed up in her Sleeping Beauty costume that I still haven't completely finished. After I dropped her off, quickly changed clothes and headed outside to paint our newly installed mandoor to the garage. Now instead of gleaming white it matches our dark brown gutters and garage doors. ahhhhh



















Then where to put the 2 peach trees that I bought? I knew where I wanted them in the back corner flower bed. Well the landscaper put the boulders where I told him I wanted the trees....so we planted one instead.












Then the kids got their costumes on and Dad dressed up as Shaggy. They headed off to the neighborhood Halloween party. I went back to the nursery to exchange the other peach tree and came home with this...


a weeping cherry tree. I can't wait until the spring when it blossoms.













It felt great to get all the done. Sunday we had family over for a yummy Autumny dinner. Butternut and Acorn squash soup and Cider glazed pork tenderloin....it was divine. The kids decorated spooky halloween cupcakes...









You know it was so relaxing....busy but no one was freaking out and we just had a great time as a family this weekend. It is amazing what productivity does for harmony in the home.

No comments: