Thursday, October 23, 2008

full throttle

Okay the Halloween bug has finally hit me. It took some time and I wondered if it would ever come. So my sewing machine has been going long hours as I madly try to finish M's and Justin's costume (No worries, I bought the other 3). Mine was a huge disappointment, no matter how desperate I am remind me never to buy a costume for me ever....I will hate it no matter what. I really am going to look into renting. I want my costume to rock and not look like a pathetic and cheap try.
This layout I did for Bo Bunny for the Halloween layouts on the blog, was what started the excitement.



My sister had these awesome Nightmare Before Christmas(what I called them anyway), candlesticks. I commented on them when I saw them months ago. She said to me later if you want to use them go ahead I don't need them right now. I jumped on it. I told her she may never get them back though. I need a couple easles for photographying my layout. I had the candlestick on my table and thought ahh that will work. Then it was downhill from there. I got all the decorations out and went to town. I also made this little cutie too(here is the picture from the pattern I used, too lazy to grab the camera)!


I swore I would never make dolls after the hours it took me and Jemima to finish our adorable elf. I will have to post a pic of him when the Christmas decoration come out. He is soo cute but he was a bugger to put together. But this Mummy guy was so much easier and I had all the supplies pretty much on hand, (old cotton pillowcase, buttons, stuffing.) I had to buy the tea to dye it so I spent $1.50 on that. It was so much fun. I want to make a bigger version but that will have to wait.

No comments: