Wednesday, November 26, 2008

it's beginning...

to look a lot like Christmas. Okay I know I am a few days early but I couldn't help it. Justin is oncall this whole weekend so I wanted to make sure we got everything up. I really wanted a new wreath but I am already in trouble with visiting Modern Display after being away for 5 years (Justin and I started a tradition when we first got married to go to Modern Display and pick out one really nice ornament.) So I made up for being gone. Justin said don't even tell me how much you spent, please.
I will get the tripod out and take some pics of the new ornaments later. I do have to post about my old wreath reinvented. I bought a Restoration Hardware Icy Winter wreath on clearance a few years ago. It was looking a little ragged. I also had snowflake ornaments that I made a few years ago at a Super Saturday and made a ton of them. (disclaimer: They are totally addicting and fun to make.) Then I had some glass ornaments sitting in a container...I starting wondering if I should just add some stuff to my ragged wreath. I am so please with the way it turned out and I didn't have to spend any money. Wahoo! Justin will like it just for that.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

looks good ash! The drapes look good too! This is peen by the way

Melissa B. said...

How do you make the snowflakes? They look super cute!

Ashley said...

Melissa-the snowflakes are a variation of Martha Stewarts I believe. We used all sorts of different plastic clear beads, the wire is florist wire (I think it is 20 gauge and comes in straight sticks, I know I bought it at Michael's). With pliers make an eye at one end of the wire then slip the beads on leaving a little space in the middle make another eye at the end of the wire with beads on it, repeat two more times then crisscross the three place a dot of hot glue to hold in place. I haven't done the Marth Stewart snowflakes but they are really pretty and use glass beads, a little more expensive and hard to find but would last longer. Some of my plastic has clouded from being in the sun.

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/beaded-snowflakes?autonomy_kw=beaded%20snowflake&rsc=image_1

Ashley said...

Peen- thanks I just made them. We needed to have some privacy when we were sitting on the couch :)

Marci said...

So talented, that is all I have to say. I love it.

Kristi said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see everything else... hint, hint. ;)

Tonya said...

Do you remember how much those snowflakes frustrated you at Super Saturday??? Look at you NOW!!! Simply gorgeous!

Ashley said...

Tonya- oh my goodness I totally forgot! I was seriously cursing them! LOL! I was completely frustrated and couldn't believe I couldn't figure it out. It took a couple of days after we had the craft day and buying a whole bunch of stuff and then the light bulb went off. You would think how upset I was that day that I would not have forgotten but I did. Maybe that is why I can't remember embarassing moments, I just block things out :).