Friday, November 7, 2008

need quick ideas for Christmas gifts

So many cute and inspiring things at Bo Bunny's blog. I love them all. Here is what I did...coasters...super easy.

















What you will need is:
paper towels and a little rubbing alcohol
4 tumbled marble 4"x4" tiles found at a home improvement store
Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear Satin Finish spray paint
16 felt circles for bottom of coasters
2 sheets of Bo Bunny Rub-Ons Pretty Flaky
1 sheet of Bo Bunny Rub-Ons Vineyard
Ribbon to tie in a bundle

Clean the top surface of the marble tile with the paper towel and alcohol to prep area. Rub the rub-ons directly to the top surface, going over the rub-on carefully to make sure it has stuck to the surface. After you have applied the rub-ons, gently spray with clear spray paint, this will help seal and protect the rub-ons and the marble. Attach felt cirlces to the four bottom corners and tie with ribbon.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I loved these! They are so elegant!

Crystal said...

I love the coasters! I made some last year and I just might have to make a trip to Lowes to pick up some tiles so I can make and give more! Thanks for sharing!

M. Gallagher said...

You are too crafty... mine comes in spurts a couple of times a year. Got your vmail - how could you not leave a return phone #?!!! I'm old school and still don't have caller id. It's one of those things I keep thinking I'll get around to. But, I don't make time for crafts, and obviously don't make time for the phone upgrade. Call back when you can. I'd love to catch up. Love all your pics by the way! Your blog is one of the prettiest I visit...