Sunday, March 25, 2007

Who is the Easter Bunny?

A was talking about the Easter Bunny tonight here is what Justin wrote in his journal about it. "A was my home teaching companion tonight. We shared a quick lesson on Easter and the Resurrection. I asked the kids at the house what two weeks from today is, and reminded them that it will be Easter. One of the girls said that the Easter Bunny is not real, to which Areplied, "Yes he is. He is a guy." I didn't know what he meant, so just now, when we were all snuggling before family prayer, I asked him what or who the Easter Bunny is. He said, "He is some random guy who walks around in a bunny suit. He hides all the eggs we put out so we have to find them. He also gives each kid a toy." I am not sure where all that comes from, but it sure is cute. "

The part that cracked me up was the "random guy" part. I had to hide behind L to keep from laughing hysterically as I am trying not to look at Justin because it was all he could do to keep a serious face when A was looking at him while telling him all about it. Seriously where does he come up with this stuff. Oh he also insists that the Easter Bunny is bringing him a Gameboy. Well that will be a sad disappointment because this Easter Bunny only does candy and maybe a small toy. ( A defines small as a Gameboy but I know if we get talking about expense I will have the same conversation that happened about Santa...."It doesn't matter how expensive it is, Mom, you don't have to buy it, Santa will bring it to me.")

1 comment:

Lanna said...

Don't you love how their minds work? Porter knows that Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy always honor Mom's rules. Hence, no Game Boy or video games...period! It's made life much easier.