Friday, March 16, 2007

clueless

I really should watch the news or at least consistantly check the weather online. A insisted that they were going to have a snow day today. In my mind I am thinking just a little bit colder but surely not snow. As I took the kids to school I was listening to the radio and most of the schools in Mass were going to be closed. I didn't have my cell phone with me so I couldn't call the school. Well we were all loaded up so I thought we would finish the drive. Their school is in session but will probably have early release. I had a phone call shortly after arriving home saying our town buses would be picking the kids up at 11:45am but that their school district wasn't closing as of yet. So A gets an early release day because I get to pick him up when I pick M up from preschool. He is going to be so excited. UGH! for me I had a ton of things to do. I can't find part of my project I need to send off and I want to do the post office with only one kid not all three. Then I also have to go grocery shopping because we hardly have any food. We have gone without milk all week. I know bad mom! I have attempted several times but I always get thrown off by L. Yesterday I was at the gas station because I was on empty and pretty much driving on fumes after picking up M. Well while I am filling up he is screaming his head off, there is no way I can take both kids in the convience mart and get the milk which they have for $1.99 a gallon because how would I carry it? Infant carseat....flight of the bumblebees almost 4 year old. (Last time I have M carry a gallon it was dropped and exploded everywhere, she was trying so hard but it is just a little to heavy for her)
I just can't bring myself up to wanting to haul in groceries with an infant, now I have to do that plus in the snow instead of the nice almost 70 degree weather we have been having. And having to fight all the other crazies who will be clearing out the shelves at the grocery store so they don't have to go out for a month because of the snow. Can you tell I really really don't want to do this? St. Patty's day tradition can not be broken though I still haven't picked up the cornbeef! mmm cornbeef and cabbage, irish soda bread, that will warm our insides.
Well we will make the most of the snow. Hopefully I will be able to get more pictures of the kids in the snow.

No comments: