Wednesday, March 21, 2007

a little behind

okay so maybe 'little' is a bit optimistic. Luckily it is starting to warm up so the kids are outside getting all their energy out before bed time. M came to the door a few minutes ago with two preteen girls to get her gloves because her hands were cold. The girls were fussing over her and thought she was the cutest thing ever and then they fussed over L for a little bit. When M had switched her boots and put on gloves they left and she was holding their hands. Cute!
L is imitating sounds now. Today he way sitting in his swing while I was trying to chip away a few of the things I need to do on my "To Do" list, he said "hi!" He was so pleased that he got my attention that he did it several times. Then I was saying "hi" back to him and then said "I love you." I got a really cute mimick of my intonation back. What fun! I know he doesn't know what he is saying but he sure knows that it will get our attention. Tonight at dinner he kept doing things to get Dads attention and then when Dad would look at him he would grin ear to ear! That makes all the fussiness that has been going on in our house melt away. L also has decided today that he does actually like his rice cereal. He would open his mouth wide and attack the spoon. Yippie! Now if I could get him to take a bottle again we would be in business (and I could get a little break now and then.) Well it is getting dark and my kids haven't shown up yet so I must go round them up so we can start the bedtime routine (why does it always take at least an hour? hopefully it won't take as long tonight because they have been out playing.)

No comments: