Friday, March 16, 2007

too much snow...

I was really not prepared for this blizzard!!! It hasn't stopped. I picked up the kids from school and we headed directly to the scrapbook store for the paper I needed to send off with the package. I was so grateful when the owner told me that their post office was just around the corner. And I did pick up some new Basic Grey paper that I am hoping will help me to complete my trip to India scrapbook I have wanted to do before I even left on the trip. Driving was difficult as my windshield wipers would ice over and not wipe the snow and water off so I could see where I was going. Whenever I stopped at a stop light I would bang the ice off but for most of the time I was bending down staring through my stirring wheel or trying to get over in the passenger side to use the little tiny part of the windshield that the wiper was actually cleaning off. I did manage to go grocery shopping with all the kids as well. I went to the more expensive store because they had a kid watch in the store, well of course it was closed today but I was intent on getting the stuff we needed. So I am happy to say St Patty's day will be properly celebrated! We will have our cornbeef and cabbage tomorrow.
M has me a little concerned. She announced the other day that princesses don't eat, trying to act calm and rational on the outside while inside my mind hit the autobahn at top speed, I proceeded to ask her why she thought they don't eat. She said she didn't know they just don't. Then I asked about Belle and the feast at the castle? she said yep she eats. What about princess tea parties? yep they eat. Trying to not over analyze this but then she made the comment today as we were waiting for some people to cross the road "Wow she is fat!" Okay this women was on the bigger side but why on earth would my almost 4 year old even remark on that?!!!!!!! It is not something we do or say around the house. ugh... it complicates things a little bit when her teacher who left school on medical leave just before I had L in October might be coming back. I am sure the kids don't know why she was on leave but she had been hospitalized for a long term eating disorder, she has been in and out of rehab over the past few years. I really hope I am just over analyzing but I will keep my eyes open.
A is now dictating to me from the couch. He wants me to type about his version of jingle bells
Jingle Bells, Batman smells
Robin laid and egg
Mr. Freeze cut the trees in 1981, none
What happened to the rhyming? Anyway that is what he and his friend do at school.

No comments: