Thursday, March 15, 2007

today

When I picked up M today from preschool she said "I had a green green day, mommy!" This is the question that is always asked of her older brother. In first grade they rate behavior with colors, green- good, yellow-warning, red- 5 minutes off recess, blue- 15 minutes off recess and a call home. The great thing is everyone at lunch is moved back to green so they get a clean slate for the afternoons. I love this so they don't feel the whole day is shot. On good days A will bound off the bus and the first thing he says is "green-green." On the not so good days he doesn't volunteer the information as easily. I guess yesterday M wasn't wanting to share and so didn't have what she thought a great day but she chose today to share and so she rated herself green-green today. I had given her some Disney Princess cut outs and that is what she wanted to "pass around" (share) at circle time. She said to me today "Mom I passed around my paperclip princesses." Where on earth did she come up with paperclip? I love it!
L is cracking me up. He is so interested in food, he watches intently as food goes from my plate onto my utensil and into my mouth. I have been giving him rice cereal with a spoon and he likes it. His choice of favorite toys is interesting too. This morning at breakfast the kids were eating yogurt, A gave him the lid to his yogurt. L was so excited he was slobbering all over that thing. When it would drop he would freak out until it was in view again. So when we were having dinner tonight he was fussing and didn't want his regular toys, I said to Justin watch this.... I gave L a lid. He immediately stopped crying when it was in view and his legs starting kicking and he was salivating and then attacked the lid with vigor. It has been the source of our amusement tonight. I know we have such exciting lives don't we?!
mmm Justin just popped popcorn. I wonder if he will be so kind to share??? I doubt it but I can probably sneak a few kernels before I get my hand smacked :).

No comments: